How to host 404Wasteland - Chernarus. Takistan, Utes
To run our mission file all you need is the mission file. If you are experienced in running an Arma2OA server then you can skip the guide below.
NOTE: We accept and encourage modification of the Wasteland mission file as long as credit is left; However we will not support or troubleshoot issues that may arise as a result of unofficial modifications to the mission file.
If you have a suggestion or want to report a bug, please post a thread in the relevant forum:
Ideas & Suggestions (Changes you would like/have made)
Technical Support (Server/Code Problems)
Any support requests for unofficial Wasteland versions sent via PM on TeamSpeak/Forums will be ignored, please use the forums to ask questions for unofficial builds.
You no longer need to run ARMA2NET! and the location of the admins.sqf has moved from the root of the mission folder to Server->admins.sqf
[Step1] SignUp To Download
Signup at the 404games website to download the mission files. (SignIn) (Signup)
[Step2] Download The Most Resent Files
Chernarus Mission File (Arma2Net Version) - Download Chernarus 2.9c Arma2Net Version
Chernarus Mission File (Non-Arma2Net Version) - Download Chernarus 2.9c Standalone Version
Utes Mission File (Arma2Net Version) - Download Utes 2.9c Arma2Net Version
Mission File (Non-Arma2Net Version) - Download Utes 2.9c Standalone Version
Takistan Mission File (Arma2Net Version) - Download Takistan 2.9c Arma2Net Version
Takistan Mission File (Non-Arma2Net Version) - Download Takistan 2.9c Standalone Version
404Game First Time Server Kit (All Versions) - Download Server Kit
404Games Custom Battleye Scripts (Last updated 24/02/13) - Download BE Scripts
Arma2Net Download (Only needed for arma2net version) - Download Arma2Net 2.3
Arma2Net Requirements - http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=24872 and http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8328
[Step3] Extract And Install
For first time installs you need to download the "Server Setup Kit" which has a sample bat launcher, config, and battleye setup. You then need to download the mission you wish to run "Utes", "Chernarus" or "Takistan" then take the pbo mission file and place it in your "MPMissions" folder.
The bat launcher has variables that need chaning such as the -ip=0.0.0.0, -bepath=c:\server\path\battleye and if you want to change the server port you need to change -port=2302 to something else.
For upgrades you just need to download and replace the mission file.
In the wasteland folder there is a "server.cfg" you can customise this for your own server. If you wish to keep the 404 naming convention then that is fine with us as well, just try to get a number that is not in use.
[Step5] Battleye Scripts
You can download this file which contains our ban.txt and other script catching forms for battleye. They are all set to observe rather than kick, you need to look at the generated *.log files to determine who/what has been hacking. You just need to copy the *.txt files in to your batteye folder. Any problems or help with this post up in the bug/support forums.
404Games Custom Battleye Scripts For Wasteland - http://www.dlwl.co/d...Eye_Scripts.zip
Fankserver's Custom Ban List (10000 Hacker Banlist) - https://www.fankserver.com/bans/arma
[Step6] Starting The Server
Depending if you use a control panel or have access to the box you will need to adjust this to fit.
- If you have rdp or console access to your server then you can simply use our server.bat and edit "IP=x.x.x.x" to your own server ip address.
- If you use a control panel then you need to either edit the startup manually or ask your server provider/host if they can edit this for you.
This is the example startup line;
"Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -ip=0.0.0.0 -port=2302 "-config=wasteland\server.cfg" "-profiles=wasteland" "-mod=@Arma2NET" -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=1 -maxMem=2048
Exploding helis are not a bug, it is intended. 24 spawn but only 8 survive and its random each restart.
The admin menu will only accept uids not guids please see our example admins.sqf page here - https://github.com/d...rver/admins.sqf
Do not use teamspeak to ask technical questions you will be ignored, please post bugs and support questions in the correct/appropriate forums.
[Step7] PM DomUk
If you want to stay informed of updates, pop me (domuk) a pm on the forum and I will add you to the update pm so you get informed of server updates.
Secondly if you want your server listed on our server page simply post up here with your server ip, name and website - http://www.404games....teland-servers/
We have build an admin/debug panel in to wasteland. To access or use this you will need to extract the mission file pbo (with a tool like PBOViewer). Once extracted you will see all the files, you need to open the folder Server -> admins.sqf and open it in something like notepad or notepad++. Look for the following line
//Standard admin panel, use at your own risk.adminPanelUIDS = [""];//Heavy debuging tool, use at your own risk.provingGrounds = [""];
To add yourself get your UID and place it in like this
//Standard admin panel, use at your own risk.adminPanelUIDS = ["12345678", "12345678","12345678"];//Heavy debuging tool, use at your own risk.provingGrounds = ["12345678", "12345678","12345678"];
We recommend that you only give adminpanel to your admins to use as provinggrounds is manly used to debug when testing. To access the admin menu from ingame you simply press "y" or "u"
- We had trouble getting battleye to start up with the server which meant we couldn't run Arma2 Rcon admin on the server. If you are having problems after setting your rcon password, then you might want to add the following to your startup "-bepath=C:\PATH\TO\BattlEye"We moved battleye into the wasteland folder on our server and pointed it to that.If you have any problems setting up your server, we will help you the best we can but cannot guarantee that your host/server will work as each setup varies. For support please use the 404games tech support forum located here
- If you are getting waiting for host or the game is not loading correctly or the the mission is getting spammed in the console please make sure that you have copyied the "Addons" folder from Arma2 to your Arma2OA folder as it contains lots of the servers requirements. (Guide Link Coming Soon)
- If missions are running then randomly stopping please make sure that you have updated your build to the latest version of wastelands as we released a hotfix to fix a broken mission.
- Using server 2008r2? Having problems with the server crashing on join or arma2net not running missions? This thread will explain how to fix this (Credit To Loose_Unit for finding this one)
- If missions are not running and you have Arma2Net running please make sure you have installed the two following requirements of arma2net.
We have setup a github for the project so that you can see our progress and also what changes have been made. If you wish to help us develop wasteland further please pm costlyy on the forums.
All previous files can be found @ http://www.dlwl.co
404Wasteland - Chernarus 2.9a (Mission Only).zip 1.64MB 1310 downloads
404Wasteland - Chernarus 2.9a (Arma2Net Required - Mission Only).zip 1.64MB 434 downloads
404Wasteland - Takistan 2.9 (Mission Only).zip 1.59MB 553 downloads
404Wasteland - Utes 2.9 (Mission Only).zip 814.04KB 454 downloads
404Wasteland - Chernarus 2.8a (Mission Only).zip 640.52KB 298 downloads
404Wasteland - Chernarus 2.8 (Mission Only).zip 1.44MB 354 downloads
404Wasteland - Chernarus 2.7 (Mission Only).zip 827.02KB 751 downloads
404Wasteland - Takistan 2.7 (Mission Only).zip 826.28KB 359 downloads
404Wasteland - Utes 2.7 (Mission Only).zip 806.97KB 398 downloads
404Wasteland Server Kit v2.7.zip 19.05KB 1607 downloads
404Wasteland - Chernarus 2.4.zip 1.01MB 617 downloads
404Wasteland - Chernarus 2.4 (Mission Only).zip 812.97KB 346 downloads
404Wasteland - Utes 2.4.zip 1MB 161 downloads
404Wasteland - Utes 2.4 (Mission Only).zip.zip 805.35KB 134 downloads
404Wasteland - Takistan 2.4.zip 1.06MB 151 downloads
404Wasteland - Utes 2.4 (Mission Only).zip.zip 805.35KB 134 downloads
404Wasteland - Chernarus 2.3.zip 1.01MB 191 downloads
404Wasteland - Chernarus 2.3 (Mission Only).zip 812.19KB 158 downloads
404Wasteland - Chernarus 2.1.zip 1010.18KB 131 downloads
404Wasteland - Chernarus 2.1 (Mission Only).zip 791.07KB 101 downloads
- joschaap, luke, Dolph and 4 others like this