• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account
Photo

Unable to edit/customize Wasteland Mission File

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 djcollyder

djcollyder

Zombie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

I am trying to edit the wasteland mission file and cant. This is a long post but I've detailed everything i've done.

I have been trying to edit the Wasteland mission file that is available here. When I load up the editor I could not see the mission. So I created a mission folder at this location C:\Users\BrighamBush\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\djcollyder\MPMissions and named it "404wasteland.Chernarus" (with out quotes). I then copied the .pbo mission file to that folder location. 

When I relaunched Arma 2 OA and got in the editor I was able to see the mission to load it but when I do it says its read only PqZNZ59.jpg

I've also enabled the @Wasteland_Client mod folder that the Wasteland Downlaod/updater installed then going into Multiplayer>new>Lan>Selected the mission...Q6aEzOu.jpgWhich was blue which indicated i could edit the mission. But when I clicked on edit it came up with Warning: File is Read only message.

I tried following the steps that hooli commented on what to do in this forum response  cause this forum post sounded like the person was having the same problem as I was. However, I cannot find any file called mission.sqm anywhere. I tried searching the entire Operation Arrowhead system folder and nothing was found.I've installed every single wasteland mission file available to download from the provided links that 404 games provides and still nothing works.

Can anyone help.

#2 killer4791

killer4791

100+ Post Club

• 131 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Try taking the .pbo that you download, and unpack it. Then move that folder into your C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\djcollyder\MPMissions folder.

#3 djcollyder

djcollyder

Zombie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Try taking the .pbo that you download, and unpack it. Then move that folder into your C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\djcollyder\MPMissions folder.

How do you unpack it?

#4 killer4791

killer4791

100+ Post Club

• 131 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Get a Pbo unpack program. You can find one here: http://www.armaholic...age.php?id=1434

#5 tangolimaromeo64

tangolimaromeo64

Zombie

• 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

what do yoi

what do you do after this step? where do you put the files so you can edit them

#6 KiloSwiss

KiloSwiss

100+ Post Club

• 448 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

You guys could have simply read this pinned Thread, where everything is already explained:

http://www.404games....ead-this-first/

Go to:

C:\Users\ SOMENAME \Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\ SOMENAME \MPMissions

Create a new Folder called: SomeNameYouWant.Chernarus

For Takistan use: SomeNameYouWant.Takistan

Same goes for Utes: SomeNameYouWant.Utes

I called mine "TEST.Takistan"

Then unpack everything from the *.PBO into this folder, startup the game, go to "multiplayer", "new" then select the mission and klick "edit".

You can also only put the mission.sqm file into this folder if you only want to change things (Store Locations, Skins for players, SpawnMarkers, etc.) on the Map, but this way you can't preview the mission properly.

@djcollyder

You don't need to load any MOD, to edit the mission file!

Wasteland MOD != Wasteland Mission

The only thing i recommend is using -showscripterrors as startup parameter and always watch your RPT Files for errors!

These are located here:

C:\User\ NAME \AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT

Client side Log and also "serverside" Log if you preview the mission in editor (because the client then acts as a server).

C:\User\ NAME \AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\Arma2OAserver.RPT

Serverside Log if You start up a local dedicated server for playtesting the changes in your mission file, before you upload it to your actual gameserver (recommendet if you make any changes to your *.PBO mission file)

Greez KiloSwiss

Edited by KiloSwiss, 29 September 2013 - 11:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users