• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

How to get the server folder to run on my server instead of the mission pbo.

Best Answer Melbo , 01 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

Simply make a folder in the base dir of your OA folder. Stick everything in there you want serverside then edit the relevant init to your new dir.

Example [] execVM "Serverside\server\donators\loadout.sqf";

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

MadHatter

MadHatter

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 160 posts
  • LocationVirginia

It is very much possible and it also as you point in the last thread make it harder for hackers to get access to your stuff as its all on the server and not the mission file. I personally dont know how it is done, but im sure someone can explain it for you. We used to hide our admin file in @serverside on our server but Im home for the week, if there is still no response from someone when im back, ill go nag deadbeat or costlyy on how you can do this.

Just to clear up we dont mine if people want to hide there build of wasteland to cover up security holes or to keep an edge on your server with custom content, but please if you have a feature or fix thats epic and could benifit everyone, please be sure to share it for everyone to enjoy as it is 404games code under the core of most wasteland mission files and we gave it away to improve/create this larger less restricted arma community.. This is a suggestion not a rule.

Howdy, I didnt get any responses back from the people I pmed :(

Any ideas?

• DiamIrrameMap likes this

Billy Mays Rememberance Foundation: http://bmrf.me

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Note: Before borrowing the BMRF mission file .pbo, please have the common courtesy to come to ask first. The only reason why is because I have put over 500 hours of my time into updating / editing and customizing it, I just want to make sure I give you the most current code I have. Thank you.

Deadbeat

Deadbeat

Administrator

• [404Games]Founder

• 251 posts
  • LocationUK
  • deadbeat91

Basically you add all your server code to an addon say @ServerSide then run the server using it.

But make sure the @ServerSide mod has no client code in it at all because the clients will not be able to access it.

Also once you create the addon in the mission file init you will need a new path to the server init due to path changing.

Deadbeat - 404Games Founder/Myth
404Games Very Own Code Monkey

MadHatter

MadHatter

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 160 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Basically you add all your server code to an addon say @ServerSide then run the server using it.

But make sure the @ServerSide mod has no client code in it at all because the clients will not be able to access it.

Also once you create the addon in the mission file init you will need a new path to the server init due to path changing.

Works like a charm!

Note: Before borrowing the BMRF mission file .pbo, please have the common courtesy to come to ask first. The only reason why is because I have put over 500 hours of my time into updating / editing and customizing it, I just want to make sure I give you the most current code I have. Thank you.

OMG Creedcoder

OMG Creedcoder

Survivor

• Forum Member
  • 28 posts

you can make it more simple XD without the @Server files or some Thing.

aka Owner

My Servers:

Wasteland Server 1:

b_350_20_FFFFFF_FFFFFF_000000_FFFFFF.png

Wasteland Server 2:

b_350_20_FFFFFF_FFFFFF_000000_FFFFFF.png

MadHatter

MadHatter

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 160 posts
  • LocationVirginia

I went a much easier route than the @serverfiles method which consisted of moving a few files and doing a find command.

Edited by Skutch05, 08 June 2013 - 06:40 PM.

welcome

welcome

Post Legend

• Forum Member
  • 93 posts

can you explain this further? for those who don't know?

If you use a addon @serverfiles

what would be the new path in the init ?

Switcher

Switcher

Survivor

• Forum Member
  • 14 posts

I went a much easier route than the @serverfiles method which consisted of moving a few files and doing a find command.

Wouldn't mind finding out what files were edited. I'm happy to share but stealing and creating player competition is getting old.

Nothing like joining a new server that copied your stuff and you have admin rights on someone elses server.

Edited by Switcher, 01 July 2013 - 09:08 AM.

Melbo

Melbo

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 608 posts
✓  Best Answer

Simply make a folder in the base dir of your OA folder. Stick everything in there you want serverside then edit the relevant init to your new dir.

Example [] execVM "Serverside\server\donators\loadout.sqf";

Edited by Melbo, 01 July 2013 - 09:35 AM.

b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png

.da.dcthehole

.da.dcthehole

Zombie

• Forum Member
  • 1 posts

I tried moving my folder into my root arma 3 dir, but it still wont run my scripts. It says that they are missing? Any idea?

mozzmanau

mozzmanau

Camping Up North

• Forum Member
  • 30 posts
I'm all for this feature.. I just had some morons steal my whole mission file and start their own wasteland server with it. When I logged into their server I still had admin rights lol. Bunch of noobs obviously but I get fun out if nuking cherno and electro every day. As well as removing people weapons as soon as people join and pick up a new one lol
  • KiloSwiss likes this

mozzmanau

mozzmanau

Camping Up North

• Forum Member
  • 30 posts
I'm all for this feature.. I just had some morons steal my whole mission file and start their own wasteland server with it. When I logged into their server I still had admin rights lol. Bunch of noobs obviously but I get fun out if nuking cherno and electro every day. As well as removing people weapons as soon as people join and pick up a new one lol

KiloSwiss

KiloSwiss

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 455 posts
I know how you feel, it happened to me too.
some german clan is running a Wasteland Server with my mission and not only did they not ask for permission, but they completely removed the credits section.

To help you guys out, I'll write you how to "load" the serverside scripts from a separated folder, as soon as I'm at home.

Greez KiloSwiss

Edited by KiloSwiss, 07 May 2014 - 03:42 PM.

KiloSwiss

KiloSwiss

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 455 posts

Here is how you do it the cheap way:

Export all serverside running scripts from the PBO and put that folder into the root folder of your server.

Check Step 3c. of the second "way to do it"!

Pros:

Easy to do.

Cons:

Can't handle/support multiple instances running with different missions from the same install folder.

Here is how you do it the right way:

#1.

Create a folder called @server (or whatever you want it to be named).

#2.

Put all serverside only running scripts and folders into the @server folder.

#3a.

VERY IMPORTANT: DO A BACKUP FIRST! *sryforyelling*

Use the "Find in Files"+"replace" function of Notepad++ to change all entries, beginning with

"server\

to

"\@server\

#3b.

Do the same with the main init.sqf in the (now client only) PBO.

#3c.

The following folder & files have to be in the client PBO as a copy:

\server\functions\vehicle.sqf

\server\functions\heli.sqf

#4a.

Pack the client files into a PBO.

#4b.

Upload the PBO into the MPMissions and the @server folder in the root folder (where the MPMissions folder is located) of your gameserver.

#5.

Add @server to your mods in the servers command line, startup script or whatever you use to start your dedicated Server.

For example:

-mod=@inidb;@server;

If you need any help, better explanation or you get any errors, ask here for support.

Greez KiloSwiss

Edited by KiloSwiss, 11 May 2014 - 10:02 AM.

snooop87

snooop87

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 123 posts
  • snooop1987

dear Community,

so i can change ServerSideCode while server running , and player only need to Relogg for new Changes ?

( kiloSwiss Great support btw)

• you can edit Folder Missions on your Client while running, for testing script, functions etc. you dont need any restart !

Edited by snooop87, 12 May 2014 - 06:58 AM.

KiloSwiss

KiloSwiss

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 455 posts
If a *.sqf is only executed once (via execVM), you can edit/replace it and execVM the new file afterwards.
This does not work as long as the Server uses/accesses this file, which is the case if the script contains a loop (that is still running) or is preProcessed (like all the Missions for example).

To answer your question: No.

Greez KiloSwiss

Edited by KiloSwiss, 12 May 2014 - 02:37 PM.

Viba

Viba

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 165 posts

While working on the mission file it's very convenient to preprocess scripts and always use spawn or call when executing them. That way you can on the fly replace scripts by preprocessing another script from the server harddrive or your own harddrive and just publicvariable the new version, no need to restart unless it's a loop or something like that.

b_350_20_020822_0E0E11_FFFFFF_F5F5F5.png

KiloSwiss

KiloSwiss

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 455 posts

Yes of course, should have been a bit more clear about this.

You can edit/replace a preProcessed .sqf file and the re-preProcess it for further use.

I can't explain it any better, my English is very limited.

snooop87

snooop87

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 123 posts
  • snooop1987

thank you so much,  one question how to get playerCounts, i create a function for it , but is there a command for it to get onlinePlayerAmount ?

func_playercount = {
 _players =0;{if (alive _x) then{
  _players = _players +1;}
;}forEach playableUnits;
 func_playercount_players = _players
};

Viba

Viba

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 165 posts
_playercount = count playableunits;

That does pretty much the same thing and there isn't a scripting command to get actual connected players.

b_350_20_020822_0E0E11_FFFFFF_F5F5F5.png

snooop87

snooop87

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 123 posts
  • snooop1987

nice simply the Best !! thx viba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users