• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Errors when connecting to my own server

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

luke

luke

Survivor

• Forum Member
  • 10 posts
When I run the .bat file given with my wireless ipv4 ip I get an error saying 'Failed Connecting'.
When I run the .bat file given with my external ip (WhatIsMyIp.com IP) I get an error saying 'Cannot Start Host On Port 2302.
When I run the .bat file given on port 2312 I get 'Wait For Host' But I AM Still Able To Connect.
When I run the .bat file given with 0.0.0.0 in the ip I get 'Wait For Host' But I am able to connect.
I am trying to run the Wasteland Software and I have installed the Arma2.Net requirements And I Have Copied the AddOns File from The Arma 2 Folder To The Arma 2 OA Folder.

Any Help Would Be Great.

Edited by luke, 01 January 2013 - 04:45 AM.

DomUk

DomUk

Procrastinator Extraordinaire

• [404Games]Founder

• 2642 posts
  • LocationDorking, Uk
  • DomUK

Steam Profile

BF4 Battlelog Profile

• 404 DomUK90
    118 - Brigadier General IX
    Played 323.3 hrs
  • 14300000 14890000
  • Percentage of vote: 43.31%

• Top Weapon: SAIGA 12K
  • Top Vehicle: TYPE 99 MBT
  • Skill / SPM 255 / 737.99
  • Wins / Losses: 427 / 397
  • Kills / Deaths: 16393 / 17144
  • WLR / KDR: 1.08 / 0.96
  • Accuracy: 16.82 %
I will look over this sometime in the next few days unless another staff member gets back to your sooner.

DomUk - 404Games Founder -- Please Do Not PM Me Unless Asked! For all support questions post in the relevant forum so that all staff can help!
Lynavly.png

Polli

Polli

Camping Up North

• Forum Member
  • 42 posts
  • LocationGermany

When I run the .bat file given with my wireless ipv4 ip I get an error saying 'Failed Connecting'.

I´m confused with the word "wireless". Have you set your local network IP and tried to connect over internet?
Do you have the server at home? If so then you need a port forwarding from your router. You have to insert your WAN IP to be able to connect over internet. If you want to run your server in your home LAN than you need your local IP.

Could you please explain how you want to run your server and tell your LAN/WAN details? At home, on the internet, e.g

Posted Image

Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64 Bit; AMD Opteron 3280 (8x2.4GHz); 16GB RAM (DDR3); 2x2TB HDD (noRaid, 7200rpm), 100MBit/s

terrencethegamer

terrencethegamer

Camping Up North

• Forum Member
  • 34 posts
  • terrencehumbert
I had the same problem I just deleted the ip from the bat file. Also did you set up a static ip for your computer thats running the server and check that the port your using is opening by using a port checker. Hope that helps : )
Posted Image

luke

luke

Survivor

• Forum Member
  • 10 posts

I had the same problem I just deleted the ip from the bat file. Also did you set up a static ip for your computer thats running the server and check that the port your using is opening by using a port checker. Hope that helps : )

I have port Forwarded (Udp, Tcp and any On bt homehub ports 2302-2303) on my computer but when I checked using an online port checker it said closed, any ideas?

luke

luke

Survivor

• Forum Member
  • 10 posts
Ah fixed it, the mission file given was .chernarus.chernarus.pbo which was giving me errors and warnings so I renamed it to just chenarus.pbo so the server was running a file that didnt exist, all fixed now thanks for replying though.

DomUk

DomUk

Procrastinator Extraordinaire

• [404Games]Founder

• 2642 posts
  • LocationDorking, Uk
  • DomUK

Steam Profile

BF4 Battlelog Profile

• 404 DomUK90
    118 - Brigadier General IX
    Played 323.3 hrs
  • 14300000 14890000
  • Percentage of vote: 43.31%

• Top Weapon: SAIGA 12K
  • Top Vehicle: TYPE 99 MBT
  • Skill / SPM 255 / 737.99
  • Wins / Losses: 427 / 397
  • Kills / Deaths: 16393 / 17144
  • WLR / KDR: 1.08 / 0.96
  • Accuracy: 16.82 %
The mission file should be called Wasteland_United_Chernarus.Chernarus
Good to hear you fixed it though.

DomUk - 404Games Founder -- Please Do Not PM Me Unless Asked! For all support questions post in the relevant forum so that all staff can help!
Lynavly.png

luke

luke

Survivor

• Forum Member
  • 10 posts
Ok now I have a new problem, I can connect and the mission is now running fine but when I press random it always spawns me in the open field debug area. Also the heavy debug/ Admin Menu has nothing on it when I press 'U' Any ideas?

terrencethegamer

terrencethegamer

Camping Up North

• Forum Member
  • 34 posts
  • terrencehumbert
Couldnt tell you on the spawning. Y is for debug and u is for admin menu. Did you make sure you put ur id in the mission config file in the correct format? ie ["12345678"];

Edited by terrencethegamer, 02 January 2013 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

Frosty

Frosty

Zombie

• Forum Member
  • 1 posts

i followed your and other instructions on how to get a dedicated, arma 2 OA STEAM version server working. 

but as i run the server creator. i get stuck on "unable to connect to port 2302" 

KiloSwiss

KiloSwiss

100+ Post Club

• Forum Member
  • 455 posts

Read this official BIS WIKI article about how to configure Your server correctly with the new SteamPorts: https://community.bi...s_configuration

Greez KiloSwiss

Edited by KiloSwiss, 08 December 2014 - 09:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users